The Adelie Keyboard
We're happy to bring you the Adelie Keyboard, designed by Abec13. Here's what he had to say about his inspiration:
"As more people should, I take this hobby pretty lightly. The Adélie is named after a type of penguin. I like penguins. The board layout inspiration comes from a combination of the CA66, my previous board, the 45-ATS, and the TMO50 v1. The board shape inspiration comes from a combination of the CA66, Elephant S7, and the side "weights" are something that I pulled from the GMK Q100. There was a lot of interest in the 45-ATS but some people were wishing for the full punctuation. I hear your call - here's my answer."
- Sandblasted Brass Plate
- Gasket mount
- 6 degree typing angle
- PVD Brass accent weights
- Centered USB Port utilizing daughter board
- RGB LED Indicators
- QMK Enabled PCB, and Daughterboard
- 2121 grams fully built with GMK Keycaps
- Black and Silver PVD Brass
- Blue and Silver PVD Brass
- Red and Gold PVD Brass
- White and Gold PVD Brass
Each version of the Adelie is inclusive of three (3) unique, individual PVD brass parts that are essential to the character and design language of each board. The use of PVD is accompanied by a higher fail-rate and therefore a higher price but is still within the reasonable margins for this complex assembly.
With the inclusion of PVD and the modern limitations of it there is a certain level of quality expectations to be noted:
- There will be no dents, scuffs, or noticeable scratches on exposed surfaces such as the side weights and the body of the penguin.
- PVD Parts may contain micro-scratches which are only viewable under certain, harsh light conditions and are incredibly difficult to photograph.
- Recessed faces and internal/unexposed faces, such as on the eye of the Penguin decal, and the internal part of the side weights respectively will contain machining marks and are not considered defects in the quality control process.
- For the body of the board, there may be minor anodization grain visible under harsh light as well as minor color variation between the top and bottom halves of the board.
Group Buy Close: October 3rd, 2020
Estimated Date of Delivery: April 2021
NOTE: This is a Group Buy, and Group Buy terms and conditions apply. The estimated date of delivery is just that - an estimate. Delays and setbacks may occur. Upon purchase, you will be charged immediately. And by purchasing this item, you acknowledge everything stated above. There are no refunds or cancellations for this order. For more information, check out our FAQ
I bought this board aftermarket and it is without a doubt my favorite board I own. It is absolutely beautiful, a true statement piece. The brass plates besides the sandblasted brass are stunning together. The color is vibrant. The heavy weight adds to the immense luxury.
The size is one of my favorite parts of this board—this was, at one point, the smallest board I owned. But as they say, the journey to 40%s and below is a one-way street.
I wish I could buy a thousand of these boards and be crushed under their beauty and weight. Truly a way to go.