Endgame feel, affordably priced
CannonKeys is proud to offer an affordable in-stock aluminum keyboard with great sound and feel.
Originally designed by kkatano, the Bakeneko65 is an open-source keyboard featuring an o-ring gasket. An o-ring between the plate and PCB provides friction to hold the plate/PCB assembly in the one-piece case. Cutouts on the PCB allow the o-ring to rest on the mounting points built into the case. The result is a bouncy typing feel with a great sound profile.
Our version of the Bakeneko65 features a few key changes from kkatano's original design: We closed the bottom holes, added cutouts to the plate (to allow for assembly removal), and modified the case to be made using a casting process. We also designed our own PCBs (hotswap & solder) with multiple layout support.
Please reference this quality guide on what you can expect for surface finish quality with the Bakeneko65.
Our intent is to try to keep these in stock, or at the least have a quick cadence of restocks.
We hope you're pleased with not just the value of this keyboard, but the entire experience.
Addons: Solderable PCB featuring extended layout support, JST cables and daughterboards, wooden wrist rests, and 30A/50A/70A O-Rings.
We have a Build Guide to help you put this kit together!
At a glance
- 65% o-ring gasket mounted keyboard
- FR4 universal plate
- CannonKeys hotswap PCB with ANSI layout (Solder PCB addon available)
- 6 degree typing angle
- 590g unbuilt without weight, 910g unbuilt with weight
- Bakeneko65 Aluminum Case
- CannonKeys Custom Foam Carrying Case (Black)
- 50A Silicone O-Ring Gasket
- FR4 Universal Plate
- CannonKeys ANSI Layout Hotswap PCB with cool per key LED
- C3 Unified Daughterboard (with ESD protection) and JST Cable
- Microfiber Cloth
- (3) 2u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizers, (1) 6.25u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizer with CannonKeys Wire
- Due to the mounting style of this keyboard, screw in stabilizers are not supported on backspace and space. We recommend using the included stabilizers.
- Custom Bumpon-compatible Silicone Feet (if you lose them, you can use regular bumpons)
- Sky Blue, Navy, Grey, and Lavender
- Special powder coated
- Glossy Grey
- Powder coated
- Black, and Whitish
You will also need to purchase
We believe we're providing amazing value at this price point and have worked really hard to make this price point possible. For years, the go-to starter build for most newcomers has been the Tofu - but once you add up the PCB, stabs, and plate that you have to purchase to go along with your Tofu case, you’ve easily spent as much as (or more than) our Bakeneko65 kit costs. We want to provide a higher-end feel to newcomers compared to the traditional Tofu tray style of mounting, and believe this kit accomplishes this goal. Please reference this quality guide on what you can expect for surface finish quality with the Bakeneko65.