We're pleased to partner with Smith + Rune to bring you the Iron165 keyboard!
This group buy will open on our custom checkout site on February 27th at 10 AM. We are region locked to US, Mexico, Central America, South America, and US Territories. Our recommendation is to get through checkout as quickly as possible, and use the editing functionality to add your extras right after you checkout.
LIMIT 1 UNIT PER HOUSEHOLD. IF MULTIPLE KEYBOARDS ARE SHIPPED TO THE SAME ADDRESS, ALL ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED.
Note: After purchasing this keyboard, you will receive an email containing a link to a google form for you to submit your keyboard options. If you do not submit this form, we will pick some options for you! You will have to submit your options by March 5th, 2021 at 6 PM Eastern.
If you need extra items (PCBs, plates, weights), you can use the order editing feature of our custom checkout site after placing your order. You will receive an email with instructions after placing your order. Alternatively, they are available here.
Quality Disclaimer - Stainless Steel Parts may contain micro-scratches or micro-holes which are only viewable under certain, harsh light conditions and are often times difficult to photograph. If you choose to purchase a stainless steel weight/badge kit, you are accepting this risk.
Iron165 Changes for Round 2
- Deeper gasket pockets, allowing the same poron gaskets, but with less overall compression, making the case easier to assemble
- 0.25mm top case height increase, to better hide keycaps that aren’t as deep as GMK, while still maintaining the same overall switch height
- Better, beefier, longer screws
- Removal of cable channel
- Revised PCB with VIA compatibility **NOT HOTSWAP**
- Further optimized consistency aluminum plate
- All aluminum construction
- Many other minor tweaks to optimize machining
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press (see analysis below)
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base and contrasting aluminum accent plate and aluminum badge. Please refer to the renders for a visual depiction.
- Midnight Teal
CannonKeys is offering two plate layout options, semi-fixed. All plates support split backspace.
- ANSI Plate
- Tsangan Plate
What's In The Box
- Iron165 Keyboard
- Aluminum Plate
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- Gaskets and all mounting hardware
Group Buy Close: March 6th, 2021, 6:00 PM Eastern
Estimated Date of Delivery: January 2022
NOTE: This is a Group Buy, and Group Buy terms and conditions apply. The estimated date of delivery is just that - an estimate. Delays and setbacks may occur. Upon purchase, you will be charged immediately. And by purchasing this item, you acknowledge everything stated above. There are no refunds or cancellations for this order. For more information, check out our FAQ