Unified S1 Daughterboard and Molex Pico-EZmate Cable
Each order will contain 1x Unified S1 Daughterboard and 1x Molex Pico-EZmate Cable. They are not sold separately.
The Unified Daughterboard Project is an open source project designed to standardize the USB daughterboards used in custom keyboards, spearheaded by many community contributors such as ai03. The newest releases by the project team are the S1 and C4 daughterboards. Extra cables can be purchased here.
This new S1 revision has a slimmer form factor and a different internal cable connector compared to the preexisting C3 daughterboard series.
- Slim form factor, allowing for a smaller footprint
- Secured to the case by 2x M3 screws
- ESD protection, overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, shielding noise decoupling, and single-path grounding to the keyboard case
- New durable Molex Pico-EZmate Connector that clips in vertically
- 1:1 connector pinout, allowing for backwards compatibility
- Overall size: 40 x 9 mm
- Screw holes: 33 mm apart
- Hardware: 2x M3 screws
- Connector: Molex Pico-EZmate (781710004)
- PCB layers: 4 (7628 stackup)
- Cable length: 170mm
- Further specs and implementation details here
Note: The cable should be handled with care. Any kinks can cause connection issues. The cable connects from the top, not the side.
This daughterboard and cable are not compatible with our Bakeneko Series, or other keyboards that use the earlier square Unified C3 Daughterboard. For the revised backwards compatible version of the daughterboard, please see the listing for the C4.
For documentation and more information, please see the new Unified Daughterboard site.