The Balance Keyboard by CannonKeys
The Balance is a complex FRL-1800 with a knob designed by Upas to fill a gap within the keyboard hobby. The name Balance comes from the way the keyboard appears to balance on the back accent of the keyboard. Here is some background on the keyboard, as told by Upas:
One of my favorite keyboards to use is the Cypher - but when I use it, I really do miss having a knob to control volume and media. For that reason, even when doing tasks that are better suited for a numpad, I find myself using my Satisfaction75 quite frequently. This board was meant to fill that gap for me, while also playing with a new interesting side profile, considering two-tone color as a first-class design element, and integrating gasket mounting.
- Typing angle: 5.5°
- Case Material: Aluminum
- Mounting system: Poron gasket isolation sandwich mount
- Front height: ~15.7mm (without feet)
- PCB: Designed by Upas (with assistance from Ender) using STM32, with some ESD protection. Paired with the ai03 unified daughterboard. QMK & VIA compatible PCB. Solder only.
- Plates: Black aluminum as standard, with FR4, PC and brass as optional extras
- Knob: Alps encoder, CannonKeys knob comes stock, specifics below. Extra knobs in different materials and colors available.
- Weight: 1.6kg unbuilt (est.)
- Keyboard top, bottom, top left accent, top right accent, bottom accent piece
- Black aluminum plate
- Balance PCB (USB-C, ESD Production)
- Unified C3 Daughterboard and JST Cable
- ALPS Encoder
- CannonKeys Logo Knob
- Poron Gaskets
- Rubber feet (bumpon compatible)
- Foam Carrying Case
- Microfiber Cloth
- Navy top/Silver bottom, Silver top accent/Navy bottom accent, Silver CK knob*
- Grey top/Lilac bottom, Lilac top accent/Grey bottom accent, Silver CK knob
- Black top/Silver bottom, Silver top accent/Black bottom accent, Silver CK knob
- (+$20) E-white top/Gold Alu bottom, Brass top accent, E-white bottom accent, Gold PVD brass CK knob
*In the images the navy version has a gold top accent. the group buy version will have a silver top accent.
The black/silver and white/gold versions are shown as renders and will vary slightly from what is shown.
>>Check out the rest of the Balance collection for more extras!<<
This keyboard and addons are also being sold by Wuque Studio. Check out their listing here.
Universal Plate Compatibility
Group Buy Start: July 30th, 11AM EDT
Group Buy End: August 13th, 11PM EDT (There are only a set amount available)
Estimated Date of Delivery: Please refer to our Group Buy Status Updates page for the most up to date information.
NOTE: This is a Group Buy, and Group Buy terms and conditions apply. The estimated date of delivery is just that - an estimate. Delays and setbacks may occur. Upon purchase, you will be charged immediately. And by purchasing this item, you acknowledge everything stated above. There are no refunds or cancellations for this order. For more information, check out our FAQ