Endgame feel, affordably priced
CannonKeys is proud to offer an affordable in-stock CNC aluminum keyboard with great sound and feel. This version of the Bakeneko65 is compatible with all available addons originally released with the cast aluminum version.
Originally designed by kkatano, the Bakeneko65 is an open-source keyboard featuring an o-ring gasket. An o-ring between the plate and PCB provides friction to hold the plate/PCB assembly in the one-piece case. Cutouts on the PCB allow the o-ring to rest on the mounting points built into the case. The result is a bouncy typing feel with a great sound profile.
Our version of the Bakeneko65 features a few key changes from kkatano's original design: We closed the bottom holes, and added cutouts to the plate for easy removal. We also designed our own PCBs (hotswap & solder) to enable the support of multiple layouts.
Our intent is to try to keep these in stock, or at the least have a quick cadence of restocks.
We hope you're pleased with not just the value of this keyboard, but the entire experience.
Addons: Solderable PCB featuring extended layout support, JST cables and daughterboards, wooden wrist rests, and 30A/50A/70A O-Rings.
We have a Build Guide to help you put this kit together!
At a glance
- 65% o-ring gasket mounted keyboard
- FR4 universal plate
- CannonKeys hotswap PCB with ANSI layout (Solder PCB addon available)
- 6 degree typing angle
- Approximately 942g unbuilt with weight
- Bakeneko65 CNC Aluminum Case
- CannonKeys Custom Foam Carrying Case (Black)
- 50A Silicone O-Ring Gasket
- FR4 Universal Plate
- CannonKeys ANSI Layout Hotswap PCB with cool white per key LED
- C3 Unified Daughterboard (with ESD protection) and JST Cable
- Microfiber Cloth
- (3) 2u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizers, (1) 6.25u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizer with CannonKeys Wire
- Due to the mounting style of this keyboard, screw in stabilizers are not supported on backspace and space. We recommend using the included stabilizers.
- Custom Bumpon-compatible Silicone Feet (if you lose them, you can use regular bumpons)
You will also need to purchase
The Bakeneko65 CNC is a board aimed to stay within a budget, and maintain affordability. It's fully aluminum and anodized beautifully, but to achieve this price point, the quality bar is lower than some of our more "premium line" boards, such as the Satisfaction75 and Chimera65. Customers have been happy with the quality of the Bakeneko-line boards, but we like to communicate this prior to purchase.
In general, large defects to visible faces will make a board B stock. But minor issues, small issues that are only visible in just the right angle of lighting, or small dents or blemishes on the bottom of the case that are not visible when the keyboard is fully built and on the desk will not cause a B stock evaluation.
Keyboard cases that ship with keyboards are meant to protect keyboards during shipping. These keyboard cases are made to order to fit the keyboard precisely, and are limited in quantity. As such, we do not replace keyboard cases if the keyboard case arrives damaged. Ideally, no keyboard carrying case arrives damaged, but at times, couriers are rough with packages and damages can occur. In these instances, we offer customers a $5 coupon off their next order as compensation.